July 28, 2016

Lessons from a One Year Old




Another post from the husband

Ryan Alexander you are only 18 months old. I am much older than you. I don’t want you to grow up. I tried to make a deal with your brother about not growing up. He seemed to agree but then went right ahead and sprouted into a threenager in the blink of an eye. I guess the lesson is you can’t trust a baby to stick to his word?

You have taught me quite a lot in your short life. You taught me how to grow an even bigger heart, to let in even more love. You have taught me how to laugh even harder at the silliest of things. Or maybe the Dad jokes and renditions of “Chim, chimeny, chim, chimeny, chim, chim, cheroo” are actually that hilarious? If they are courtesy laughs, then my son, I see a bright future for you in Hollywood.

But I think the biggest thing you have taught me is how to be utterly fearless, and ambitious to the max. You will try to descend the steepest of stairs, or ascend the highest of couches and you will fall but you get up and try again. You want to walk without help, you don’t need a hand, you know we will catch you if necessary…Fear has no hold on you, just the limits of your 18month old body and some silly physics…If you keep living like that the world will be your oyster, and your parents will probably have ulcers watching you live life to the max. To Ryan my fearless boy. Godspeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...