September 15, 2016

A Little Perspective



Disclaimer.

I started to write this post on Good Friday this year (yes that was in March and yes that was 5 months ago!) and here I am finishing it. Still so much truth to the words I wrote 5 months ago, so I figured I should take it out of draft form and publish it. And our car is fixed and we even got new carseats out of the deal.

A guy ran through a red light today hitting our car with all of us in it. No need to worry we're all doing just fine...but our car didn't fare so well. It was all dented on the drivers side and leaking some type of fluid. And we weren't able to drive it away. So it was towed away only to await it's fate. Meanwhile, Jack had the best day of his life filled with firemen, police officers and a tow truck!

While we waited for the tow truck to come, we replayed the situation over and over in our heads. It was all such a blur and it had happened so incredibly fast.

We were on our way to the grocery store before we headed to the Good Friday service at our church. I had my head turned and was just chatting with my husband like I normally do, and he said I said something like oh no, or watch out as I saw the car just driving right at us as it ran right through the light.

Then boom, crash, crunch.

I was in a bit of shock as we pulled our kids out of the car and started making phone calls. The driver of the car that hit us drove off, and people were coming out of businesses asking if we needed witnesses as we thought the driver had just done a hit and run! But he later reappeared and informed us he had just driven around the block to get off the road.

Needless to say, I kept thinking about how this incident could have ended in so many different ways. Ways I don't even want to fathom or think about, ways I can't even fully comprehend. And it just gave me a little perspective.

And on that Good Friday, I just kept thinking about the loss of our car. It is such a small sacrifice when you consider the sacrifice Christ made for us all.

And in church on Easter Sunday, we sang the song Jesus Paid it all (song is posted at the bottom), and I found myself just singing with my whole self.

He did pay it all.

This life is not about me.

It is about Him.

Again a little perspective.

And as I sang,

Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe. Sin had left a crimson stain, He washed it white as snow.

O praise the one who paid my debt and raised this life up from the dead.

Again, perspective.

And when I went to work that Monday, just a few days later, I heard about a car accident in Uganda that tragically took the lives of a Pastor from Maple Valley, an American missionary in Uganda and a Ugandan Pastor.

And I just thought, that could have been us.

This life is a gift friends. Treat it as one.

May we live with Kingdom Perspective, never forgetting that He has paid it all. And may we live fully into the freedom Christ has for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...