February 27, 2017

A Note from the Husband

This season has been so incredibly hard, one we'll never ever forget, one I don't want to forget. We are either on our knees with tears streaming down our face as we wrestle with the grief of this season or reaching up toward the sky with our outstretched arms with tears streaming down our face as we rejoice in this season. There truly is a time for everything.  

The below words were written by my husband and sent out to friends in an email. And if I'm honest, his words brought me to tears. So much truth, so much vulnerability, so much growth, so much pain, so much grief, and so much love. 

And I wanted to share it with all of you - his interview is at 9 AM this morning. We covet your prayers.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

I hope you are doing well. We are in Gig Harbor this weekend, to celebrate our Colombian sister-in-laws golden birthday. As I sit and look out over the harbor, the still waters, and sailboats while the boys seem to grow before my very eyes I am reminded of how GOOD GOD IS.  It has been 18 months since I stepped away from Pilgrim Africa, into the unknown of unemployment. What I wasn’t banking on was the next 18 months would be so full of doubt, fear, anger, and tears. That I would doubt my worth in the world, that I would be so thoroughly stripped down, and rebuilt. I was not banking on the stress, the way it would send shock waves through my marriage, and leave it creaking to its foundation. Who am I when I no longer work, or when I work “meaningless” jobs? Am I still worthy? Am I enough for my kids, my wife, enough for God? I had no idea I would have all of these questions! Nor was I banking on having to pry open my introverted soul and share with people what is going on inside! I preferred to keep my inner dialogue to myself thank you very much. BUT God has made me much smaller and in much more need of him and others…great…right?!

This next week I am interviewing with an org I am really excited about, and perhaps this is the corner I have been waiting to turn. I think I have been deconstructed and rebuilt, and let go and so I am hopeful about this opportunity. We would love for you to continue to pray with us as we navigate what we hope is the tail end of this season.

Blessings and Love,

Peter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...