March 30, 2017

A Letter to my Boys



Dear Jack and Ryan,

For some odd reason, I always knew I'd have boys. I'm pretty sure I told your dad before we were even pregnant with Jack that I was going to be a boy mom, and then when we found out we were having a boy, I was not surprised. And I wasn't all that surprised when I found out we were having a boy the second time around.

I loved the idea of raising up boys, of being a boy mom.

I loved the idea of brothers. My brother never had a brother, and he always wanted one.

And I just think, what you two have is such a gift. Sometimes I feel like an outsider as I watch the two of you interact, scheming a plan, building things with your lego, running around our 770 square foot home as you just laugh and laugh and laugh.

You love each other deeply, this I know, even amidst the tears and the pain of having to share your toys and share your time with us, there is so much joy.

And as I set up your little table on the deck, and as you two climbed up onto your little chairs to eat your dinner, I just sat back and watched.

And the view was beautiful.

The pair of you sat there eating your dinner and laughing and talking about the day as your little feet touched under the table.

And it was such a beautiful sight to behold.

You both have grown so much and it's such a gift to see you two together.

You two get so excited to see each other and squeal upon being reunited.

I always knew I wanted more than one child, but I don't think I ever envisioned what it would be like as a parent to watch your relationship develop.

Who knows what the future holds for the pair of you, but I pray you continue to delight in each other.

And I also pray it's filled with so much joy and laughter, so much laughter.

Love,

Your Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...