April 3, 2017

Thank you



Today is my husband's first day at his new job. And I forced him to take a mandatory first day photo to mark this day for years to come.

As he packed his lunch last night and as his alarm went off this morning, I was once again reminded of how much will be changing in the days, weeks and months to come. I mean it's literally been like 18 months since this man has had to set an alarm as we tend to wake up to the sounds of little feet pattering across the hall into our room or little voices in our ears rather than a beep, beep, beep of an alarm.

And if I'm honest, I've been mourning that change in our life as we know it, and this past week has been hard for me emotionally. But that's just what I do, I mourn and I grieve what is before I can fully enter into a new routine, a new stage and I know this about myself. I did this when Peter and I got married, when I started a new job, and when I had my first child, and even when I had my second.

But as I gently nudged him willing him not to fall back to sleep, and as he slowly crawled out of bed, I was just filled with so much gratitude.

Thank you Jesus for this past season.

Thank you Jesus for this new one.

Thank you Jesus for Your provision.

Thank you so much for this life that I'm living.

And as the husband said his goodbyes and as I prayed over him and his first day, I was again just overwhelmed with gratitude.

Thank you Jesus for this man, for his heart, for the way he loves his family so deeply, for the way he loves You without question. I am so proud of him!

Thank you for Your words and Your truth that encouraged us time and time again.

Thank you for reminding us that there is a time for everything and that You make everything beautiful in Your time (Ecclesiastes 3).

Thank you for giving us eyes to see You amidst the grief and the suffering.

Thank you for the deep moments of joy and laughter amidst that grief and suffering.

Thank you for this season of suffering as we have learned the true depth of Romans 5:1-5 and the perseverance and the character and everlasting hope that comes from those really hard moments.

And as the kids cried as they were so sad to see Dada go, I held them a little tighter and cried with tears of joy as I sent my husband off.

This is what we've been waiting for!

And when Peter emailed me today from his new work email and simply stated "its real", I replied back stating "and I'm crying!"

Thank you Jesus.

May we never forget that You are Lord.

May we never forget that You are Good in all seasons. 

May we continue to run into Your arms and know that the riches of Your LOVE will always be enough!

And lastly, thank you to all of you, to our community, for praying for us, for thinking of us, for pleading to the Lord on our behalf.

We are so grateful to the Lord for all of you, for your support and encouragement through this journey.

May we continue to spur each other on and encourage and support each other for His glory!

If you want to read about the husband's journey to this job, check out this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...