April 8, 2010

Love to Love you.

LOVE

Just this past week during a moment of complete routine and normalcy, peter turns to me on the couch and says I love you more today than I did when we first got married. Yesterday he informed me that he loved me more that day then he had the day before. Truly, for a wife, these words are music to my ears, and my hope and prayer is that we never stop falling deeper and deeper in love with each other. We have been married nearly 8 months now and it truly does keep getting better and better. each and every day i learn something new about him, or about myself and the way i love him.

Someone asked me at work this past week what i have learned after being married nearly 8 months and i said i have learned so much about myself..good things and some bad things. Within marriage your spouse is like a mirror, reflecting the good and the bad parts of yourself. During these past 8 months, I have realized just how selfish, impatient, demanding, unloving and downright cruel i can be. i have realized that my tendency is to be stubborn and yell and kick and scream until peter is tired of attempting to compromise, and i ultimately end up getting my way. I have realized that I love peter more today than I did when we got married. I have realized that i Love to love him, encourage him, support him, kiss him...I love being married. I love living life together, and I love the smallest things, like having breakfast together in the morning, dinner together at night, and going to bed at the same time, i love our night time chats. i love dreaming together. i love that he consults me about decisions big and small. lets be honest, i love it all...but it makes it all the more better because i truly love peter. hes my best friend and my number one buddy and i love being with him. he makes my soul soar and cheers me up when I am down and when the skies are gray. i love being loved by him and loving him in return.

So basically I just love him...did you get that??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...