April 8, 2010

Dominican Republic.


So yesterday I received a call from Peter at work informing me that he had been offered a FREE trip to the DR because a guy was thinking about backing out of an already existing trip. I must admit that for just a short moment my heart sunk to the floor simply because i knew staying home wasn't an option and i knew i was going to miss him ALOT while he was gone. For selfish reasons I wanted to plead and say ..no you can't go, we have only been married 8 months, you cant leave me for a whole week on my own, what if something happens? what if someone breaks into the apartment? What if you die in a plane crash? no you just can't go...well let's be honest, I did plead a little bit before i realized how selfish and silly I was being. I mean if you had heard peters voice on the phone, and the excitement that was laced within his words, you would never tell the guy no! But my favorite part was that once the trip was offered, he told them that he had to talk to his wife about it...and i did NOT want to be that wife that had axed her husbands hopes and dreams. NO i wanted to be the wife that encouraged her husbands adventuresome and spontaneous spirit. i wanted to be the wife that did not hold her husband back, but rather encouraged him to be bold in his faith and his abilities.

Then after a full day of waiting... he is informed that he should pack his bags for the DR, BUT its going to cost him. My initial reaction was to panic simply because we are spending so much of our money on our Africa trip, but then I thought Peter has saved this money for times such as these, and he has been dying to go to the DR!! And then to make the situation even more beautiful people started offering to support him in this endeavor. Through all this I have realized how much I deeply love Peter, and how good and gracious our God is. Brings tears to my eyes just thinking about the way He has provided for peter and I over these past 8 months. Thank you Jesus for my husband, for adventures, and spontaneity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...