September 19, 2012

Small Spaces.

I have started brainstorming baby room ideas and doing all sorts of research on ideas for SMALL spaces - considering our house is fairly small, 770 sq feet small.  And it is a two bedroom, one bathroom home, so baby could have his own room, but if I'm completely honest, it makes me a little sad to think about turning our guest bedroom into a baby room.  I know, I know, it's what most people would do, but I just can't bring myself to do it...so guess what??

Little buddy will be spending his days in the guest bedroom closet.  I know it may sound crazy and please don't call child protective services on us, but the closet is definitely big enough for a crib and a changing table to come down from the wall and that would still leave us with space to hang a few of his treasured clothing items in the closet.  

Thus, we are in search of a mini crib - something that can fit in the closet and move easily from room to room (wheels would be nice).  I have found a few that I like, such as the Stokke Sleepi or the Grayson Mini Crib, or the Alma Mini Crib - pictures posted in order below.  I think the top one (Stokke Sleepi) is the most expensive, but this is the only one that converts to various sizes.  The other two look EXTREMELY similar to one another and I think they are fairly comparable in price as well.  However, both seem fairly small, but I suppose that is what we are looking for.  But the most common complaint with those two is that they are so small and the baby outgrows them way sooner than they had anticipated.  But let's be honest, I can't imagine our baby is going to be all that long in length - so it probably won't be a problem.  And I do love the changing table on the crib component that the Alma Crib offers!



And I have been perusing pinterest for all sorts of small baby room ideas - here are some of my favorite ideas!  Love the little curtain on the closet door - we will most likely be taking off the door of our little closet and replacing it with something like this.  I also love the idea of the changing table over the crib, maybe I should add this to my crib requirements?  And what a great idea for the laundry bag on the door.  I also love the idea of the changing table coming down from the wall - great use of space!  And then lastly we have the crib in the closet.  I believe our closet is quite a bit deeper than this one, and I'm pretty sure we won't be painting it this color or hanging those types of things on the wall - but I think it was the first photo that inspired my closet idea.


 Anyhow, there you have it...I would love to hear your space saving ideas if you have any! 

xoxo,

Malia




1 comment:

  1. Another thing to consider with a small crib is sheets to cover it can be hard to find. Just make sure you're willing to spend the money on "specialty" sheets or make your own... I'm just full of advice today! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...