September 3, 2013

Anniversary: Four Years.



Peter and I celebrated our four year anniversary a few weeks ago now.  I can't even believe it's been that long to be honest, but I think I have said that every year since the first (you can read my post about our second year and our third year).

Four years ago, this man made me his wife!  I get emotional just thinking about the way God knit our lives together, across continents and time zones, against all odds and obstacles...I found you.  I couldn't have asked for a better partner, and I truly praise God for you!


And in my time of knowing you...we have gone from babies (not literally) to having a baby. 

We celebrated by going to a local restaurant, Elliot Bay Brewing company, that we have been dying to check out for the past two years!  And considering we currently have a live-in babysitter (Uncle Mark, Peter's brother, is visiting from Ireland/Sierra Leone for a few months), we didn't even make the plans until the day of. 

And it was glorious to sit in my husband's presence without the distraction of others or a baby, while enjoying a nice, cold, local bevie.

And while we waited for our food to arrive, Peter read me this email that I had sent him over 7 years ago, and simply said I know these are your words, but this is how I feel even after all these years.

"When I think about this term forever....what does it mean??  I mean what does that mean to you??...strange to think about marriage and this idea of forever...could I really love someone forever?Could I really put up with someone every SINGLE day and still love them!  Could someone really love ME forever?..and put up with me every single day...that's the way to really look at it. And I think yes...I really could and someone else really could.  And I think about us...I hate saying goodbye to you because I always feel like there is so much more to be said - there is so much more I could say to you - so much more to feel....so much more to share.

I have never looked forward to talking to someone as much as I look forward to you.  I get excited for stories, for jokes, for sharing, for laughter...for it all.  When I think about you I smile.. peter...this morning you talked about missing me when I leave...and I don't even like thinking about it because I feel like my heart is being ripped out of my chest every time I have the thought of saying goodbye to you.  I'm crying now just thinking about it...seriously peter...why do you have this effect on me?  It sometimes drives me INSANE and other times I really love it!...I just am at a loss for words sometimes when it comes to you peter...you look at me, and my heart melts ...you look at me and I see your heart through your eyes..I always have, but more recently I don't think I'm afraid to really look in them and see all that you are feeling...I can handle it now...I think I was afraid of really looking at you and into your eyes because I knew the impact it would have on me emotionally but now its like I welcome that feeling...that overwhelming feeling...and I think...is this for real??....I can NOT believe I met this guy...I can NOT believe I feel this way, and I haven't even kissed him..haha!!...."

Don't worry, that no kissing thing became a thing of the past about a month after this email was sent.

I love that Peter took the time to go back through old emails...to read over the words we had shared with each other, the emotions that covered those words, and the deep friendship that evolved so many years ago.

And after he read this one to me, I of course had to track down a few email gems from Peter to share with you.

February 6, 2007 - this one from Peter, the above email was in response to this one.

"So I thought I would be the bigger person and email u.  I mean I can't wait for a reply forever.  So I dunno if I will see you tonight or not, maybe I will, maybe I won't.  I think u like to keep me guessing.  I hope core group went well today.  Was nice to see u even though I was so awkward...that was weird.  Yeah, well if I see u tonight u can probably just ignore this email...so I just wanted to tell u that I had coffee with (insert girl's name) today.  Just wanted to catch up with her and see what's fresh in her life.  We talked about you a fair bit, and I just kept thinking about what u said last night, how could I have been interested in other girls?  Malia, it's always been Malia.  Always.  And I was like Malia, she's the girl for me, no other girls has a chance.  It's always been about u, none of the other girls even stood a chance.  Just wanted to say that.  ...."

And one more from Peter - May 31, 2006

"So it's 2am and I just got back from the stube, and I've had a drink or 2, but I just wanna say I had a great time and I love my intern team.  They are the most incredible people I have ever met.  Ever.  I am in love with them all.

This is not the drink talking but I am so incredibly proud of u, I have never been so proud of ANYONE in all my life...THAT includes the time I watched Stu play rugby and I nearly cried...u are so wonderful to me.  So very wonderful.  I wanna see u and tell u that, hold me to that by the way.  Malia u r so special to me, like really u are.  I have such a high view of u, and I am so glad I met u.  Like I say I'm proud of u, no one has ever challenged me like u do.  So much to say but I really should hit the hay...it's been an emotional night for me, but just know that I would never change, swap, or look down on u...u are like a dream come true for me."

A dream come true...you heard it here friends.  The husband thinks I'm a dream come true...let's hope this never changes. 

Here's to four years married Husband and nine years of knowing you, here's to countless emails and late night phone conversations, here's to so much love, joy and laughter, and hopefully much much more.  Love you to the moon and back again.

xoxo,

Your wife


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...