November 30, 2013

Here's to 60 years!

It's a special day today!  This pretty lady turned 60.


And we went to her favorite restaurant to celebrate.

I don't know if she will ever be able to fully comprehend just how much she is loved.  She has spent her entire life loving on other people and caring for other people.

She is the most selfless person I know.  I wonder what it would be like to be that selfless.  Quite frankly, I wonder if I will ever know. 

She has loved us all so deeply and so passionately our entire lives. She has encouraged me and supported me always and loved me always even in those trying teenage years.  She has listened and cared not because she had to but because she wanted to. 

I am blessed this I know.  I can't imagine what it's like to have parents that tear you down rather than lift you up, to have parents that you don't want to be around, to have parents that bring you grief rather than joy.

Joy. This is something my mom radiates. That woman can fill a room with her laughter! It is such a beautiful sound.

Thankful.  I am so thankful for this woman in my life.  For her presence and her words of affirmation.  For her friendship.  For her laughter and her love.

I'd say here's to another 60 years, but if I'm honest, I don't know if my mom would want to live to be that old!!!  So here's to more years together and more birthday celebrations. 

And I will leave you with this little photo from the night.


xoxo,

Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...