January 7, 2014

Little Buddy: 10 months

 your 10 month photo montage

If I'm honest, you just turned one.  So I really should be posting about that and instead I'm playing catch up on the months prior.  And if I'm honest, the photos for this month were just taken last week.  Oops - mom fail.  But better than nothing right?  At least that's what I keep telling myself to make myself feel better!

So here it is - your 10 month post (9 month post here).  This past month (October-November) has been busy!  You my son have been busy growing and going.


You are moving around quite a bit, but you are still scooting.  You haven't really discovered your knees yet...so you just pull yourself along the floor.  And you are getting fast!  It's pretty entertaining to watch you explore your surroundings.

You are definitely gaining some weight and getting big, and I found your dad getting emotional while he was folding laundry and looking at your little outfits.  The time has gone so fast.

You now have 2 teeth - one bottom, one top.  And you have been such a trooper with those teeth. You eat pretty much anything, but you love Greek yogurt.  Some of your favorite food combinations are banana, avacado, yogurt and you love sweet potatoes and any type of cracker!

You are starting to sleep better at night and we definitely have you on a routine for during the day and at night, which makes life easier on everyone.  However, you are very flexible and hardly ever fuss when you miss a nap or when your bedtime is pushed back to later.  You are easily entertained and very easily distracted, so this may prolong the fussing. Hence, it's easy to take you out places considering you are such a good baby, extremely curious, always wanting to check out everything and touch everything.  You are normally asleep by 7, so bedtime typically starts sometime after 6, and again, you still go to bed really easily, but still waking up in the night.

What else?  We have started giving you more baths, and you love the water.  The only issue is you are now pulling yourself up on the side of the bath.  Pretty entertaining to watch as you slip and slide and hold on for dear life, but you are always successful.  You are so very determined.  Wonder who you get that from?  Probably both of us.

So how did we spend our time this month...

Well we celebrated my 31st birthday.



We got a new car - finally.  I must say it is extremely nice having two family friendly cars.


We went to a pumpkin patch and purchased your first pumpkin.  This will be a family tradition for sure.



You celebrated Halloween with a bunch of adults!  No trick or treating for you yet, maybe next year? We threw this outfit together last minute - Veterinarians and their Mad Cow.  You didn't mind the costume one bit, but it was a little warm!


We took a roadtrip to Portland in the new car to visit Bekah and meet her darling boyfriend Jason!  It was such a short trip, but so worth the drive.  You were fantastic!


We are still making all your food, but as your teeth come in, the items on your to eat list will definitely increase and we won't be doing so many pureed items.  It's definitely time consuming, but super easy, I think for the most part.  I basically shop for you the same way I would shop for us.  You eat whatever I buy and quite often you will eat whatever Peter and I are eating.  So if I am baking some sweet potatoes for Peter and I for dinner, I'll pop one in the oven for you and you'll eat it the next day.  Or maybe I'll just throw a few things in the blender and puree it for breakfast/lunch.  If your dad wasn't extremely on board with this, I might have given up awhile ago!


And just a few of my favorite photos from the month.


Hopefully it won't be another month before I post the 11 month post...but we shall see!  You never know these days.

Xoxo,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...