January 21, 2015

I'm coming home - Ryan's story


I'm coming home! Those are the words Ryan would have spoken to us yesterday if only the little guy could talk. He pulled his feeding tube out the night before, and he had to do all his feeds by mouth for 24 hours before they would release him.

The Dr. told us yesterday that Ryan would most likely be coming home today, but it wasn't certain. It never is. So we didn't really speak much of it, not even to each other really. At least not until Peter went into the hospital today and the Dr. confirmed it.

Ryan was released from the hospital late this afternoon, and we buckled that little nugget into his car seat and took him right home. He is now sound asleep in his bed in our room as I type.


I must say it feels great to have him home, and I love knowing that all our babies are sleeping under the same roof tonight.

And as hard as these past 10 days have been, the one on one time with my littles was such a blessing. And the extra sleep at night was also a blessing, and probably helped tremendously in getting me back to feeling like myself again seeing as I'd been so sick over the past 6 weeks, even diagnosed with bronchitis.

I must admit, it was strange to go from having two kids, to having just one at a time. I forgot how easy it is to just have one, especially one that can walk and feed himself! Please pray for our family as we transition back to having a new baby in our home and everything that brings with it such as, sweet snuggles, sweet family moments and sweet smells all coupled with sleepless nights, endless feedings, and countless diaper changes.
 
And as we buckled Ryan into his car seat to bring him home, I couldn't help but think about when we brought Jack home from the hospital. In a matter of days it will be two years.
 
And I was reminded of this blog post I wrote about Jack coming home. So much of what I wrote two years ago applies to this little boy that came home today. 

So why bother recreating my thoughts when they still ring so very true today.

And again, I was reminded of the song "I'm Coming home" by Skylar Grey.  I love this song. 
 
"The lyrics go something like this...
 
I'm Coming Home
I'm Coming Home
Tell the World I'm coming home
Let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday.
I know my Kingdom awaits and they've forgiven my mistakes
I'm coming home, I'm coming home
Tell the World I'm coming home
This song sums up so much of what I'm feeling!  He's coming home and I will tell the world he's coming home.  And I will let the rain wash away all the pain of yesterday.  It's all so good!
 
Anyhow, I have been dying to write about the happenings over the past few days, but I haven't in case something changed.  Didn't want to jinx it or anything, but it seems as if God heard our cries!
 
And it looks like God heard our cries again two years later, this time for Ryan! Thanks so much to all of you for your endless prayers and your continual support. We are so tremendously blessed. And so very thankful he's sleeping within the walls of our home tonight.
 
Much Love,

Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...