August 16, 2016

Dear Jack {3 1/2 years}




Dear Jack,

Tonight as your dad and I laid with you on our bed, and as we watched you pretend and play make believe, we just laughed. And your dad said to you...Jack I'm going to miss you when you're older.

It's so true though, I'm going to miss this little 3 year old. And as much as you test my patience and as much as you question my requests of you...it's true.

I love watching your littler personality evolve. You are so curious. And you've started asking Why? Why dada? Why mama? And you go around saying love you ever mama, love you ever dada, love you ever Ry guy.

You talk alot and it's so fun to have full on conversations with you. You are really silly and you love being the center of attention and making people laugh. You introduce yourself to people as Jackie Emmet or Emmet Jackie depending on your mood. I find it amusing that you call yourself Jackie, but I'm not surprised really as we call you that alot! 

You are definitely the first born, and we try so hard not to put you in a box or place too many responsibilities on you, but I do find myself saying..Jack can you watch Ryan...can you make sure he doesn't...(fill in the blank). You are a rule follower for the most part and definitely more cautious than Ryan is and you never stray TOO far from us. You know your boundaries and you know your limits, but you still love to adventure and you are definitely very independent.

You start off each day so energized and you literally wake up with a burst of energy. "Get up mama, get up dada" you loudly declare! If you're up, then everyone else should get up.

And at night when I lay with you in bed, you scoot right up next to me and place your head next to mine and declare...your hair's in the way mama. Well child, it's attached to my head, so there's not much I can do about it sweet boy.

Last weekend, you spent the majority of Saturday with Dada and Ryan was with me, and when we got home, you came running to the door loudly declaring Brother, I missed you. I missed my Ry guy. Kisses Ryan. Hugs Ryan. Love you ever Ryan! It was so cute - made my heart ache.

And I just thought, this is what it's all about.

Creating a family. Raising up littles. Raising up boys. Raising up brothers.

This is it. You love your brother something fierce and you get all protective about him.

I put Ryan in his first timeout recently, wasn't all that successful...But you said "no mama, that's my Ry guy. You can't do that to my brother!"And I found myself so emotional at the loyalty and love you already show toward your brother.

I am so proud of you Jackie bear. I am so proud of how far you've come from your early preemie, NICU days. And I'm just so proud of who you are!

I love you bubba,

Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...