January 5, 2014

Birthday Eve - Letter to Jack.

My Beautiful son,

As I sit here on the eve of your birthday, I am feeling a bit nostalgic, which I suppose is only natural, right?

And I am truly left bewildered at how fast this year has gone.

Everything seems like such a blur, perhaps that's the sleep deprivation taking it's toll.

This time last year I was still in the hospital.

I had been there for six days in fact, and this post is a beautiful reminder of the frustration and the angst I felt about being there.

The late night wake ups and sleep deprivation had already begun.  I suppose the nurses were kind to slowly wean me into those.

A year ago today, I was completely uncertain as to how long I would be in the hospital for.

Completely uncertain as to when you would be exiting the womb and entering my arms.

And completely oblivious to the sheer joy you would bring our family.

I wish I could tell my old self, the one from a year ago, the one that wrote that post...

Just wait till you meet him.

It will all be worth it.

You have NO idea at the joy he will bring your family.

You have absolutely NO idea at the journey and the trials that await you.

And yet, in the end, it will all be worth it.  I promise.

Remember this.

I know it's hard, but I can honestly say, a year removed, your son's birth story is a beautiful one.

It is a story full of God's grace.

A story of God's abundant blessings and the power of community.

And I can't wait to share it with you someday my sweet son.

Love,

Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...