October 3, 2015

Ryan Alexander: Nine Months


Ryan by month 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 //

Ryan just stop growing up okay? I can't even believe you are one month closer to turning a YEAR! I look at newborns now and think ...Ryan was even smaller than that. It's just crazy! You would think I'd be use to how much growth and change happens in that first year since it's not my first rodeo, but the reality is, I'll never be use to it. It's incredible really! You are so curious about everything...and it's so fun to watch your little personality unfold.

Growing // At your nine month check up you weighed 19 lbs 6 oz (44th percentile), you were 27.75 inches long (24th percentile), and your head circumference was 47 cm (94th percentile). I don't even think Jack's head was that big!! You are so strong and solid.

Eating + sleeping //  You love to eat and you fuss when you're hungry. I've transitioned from the nuby thing and started just putting your food in the food pouches and you've started to just feed yourself. And you love feeding yourself cheerios and peas. I breastfeed you right when you wake up in the morning or after naps - so maybe about 5/6 times a day? You eat like such a champ! You are still doing 3 naps a day, one in the morning from 830-930, another one in the afternoon from 12-130, and another one from 3-4. You are such a good napper! We literally just put you in your bed around those times, fully awake, and you just fall asleep. I don't think we've ever had to rock you to sleep or do anything extra. Nor have you ever slept in the bed with us...or napped with me...I'm always quick to put you in your bed to sleep.

We've definitely been very faithful to follow an eat, play, sleep routine, but your routine is definitely fairly baby-led. We follow your cues and put you to bed a few hours after you wake up from your last nap. I bet you could drop a nap and go down to just two naps, but you start rubbing your eyes or start fussing in the afternoon. So we listen to your tells and put you to bed and you do fall asleep, so we're holding on to that third nap. So perhaps it's a combination routine? I mean we are the ones in control of your routine, but we are definitely not bound to the clock, your dad especially. Anyhow, in regards to nighttime sleep, we've been trying to sleep train you just a little teeny tiny bit and instead of feeding you every time you wake up, I've just been putting your pacifier in your mouth, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. But you did give me a ten hour stretch of sleep, and I didn't know what to do with myself. I woke up twice, pumped twice, checked that you were breathing twice. You must have been so tired! Your normal is to go to bed around 7 and to wake up around 1 something, and I feed you, and you go back to sleep till 645 or so? I never really know though as it's not that consistent yet.

Wearing // You are wearing mostly 12 month items now, with a few 9 month onesies as our 12 month collection isn't very big! But I do think the majority of your pants are just 9 months, and seeing as you are in the 24th percentile for length, I'd imagine you'll be wearing those for a little while longer. 

Loving // Honestly you just love life! You love to eat. And I love watching you try new things. You love exploring the house and scooting around on the hardwood floors on your tummy and your bottom and you somehow always manage to get yourself stuck under a chair, the couch, or a table or something. It's pretty funny! You love stroking our faces and you and Jack have started interacting ALOT! Jack loves to feed you food and play peek a boo with you and he loves to bring you your favorite toys and bounce you in your bouncer. I think you are really starting to like him!

Loathing // Another month of me not knowing what it is that you actually loathe. But I can write about the things that make you cry...you cry when you're hungry for milk or for food and you get fussy when you're tired. I suppose all of those are fairly normal! You cry when Jack is in your face and just loud. You use to be really easily startled, and now you are probably just use to it, but quite often he literally comes up to your face and just yells. Not very kind I know, we're working on that. You cry when Jack is especially rough with you...like when he pushes you down when you're sitting up and your head bangs on the floor or when he sits on your back when you're on your tummy. I don't blame you, I'd cry too little buddy. So basically you don't really like when Jack is a bully and I don't like it either...again we're working on that.  

Doing // You are moving around alot! Still not crawling properly, but getting around a fair bit. You can go from sitting to your tummy and from your tummy to your back and from your back to your tummy. And at your 9 month check up, your Dr. commented on how good your posture was...think she was impressed with your sitting up position especially since your head is so darn big! I'm sorry about that. Think you might have your dad to blame for that one.  

Milestones // You have six teeth - four on top and two little ones on the bottom.We spent alot of time with Tutu and Guppy (AKA my parents) this past month, and you are such a good little muffin with everyone we leave you with. The biggest milestone was the long stretches of sleep you've been giving us! Thank you for that sweet boy! Now if only I could get myself to bed earlier.





 















 








3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks.
    order modalert

    ReplyDelete
  3. petsthanks for the shared this interesting information with us. I really enjoyed your article and waiting for new..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...