July 13, 2015

Ryan Alexander: Six Months



Ryan by month 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 //

Ryan, you truly are the sweetest thing! And if I’m honest, you are so much easier than your brother was at this age. Everything about you feels easy, maybe it’s because you are different than Jack or maybe it’s because I’m different. Who knows, but I do know that I’m blessed to have you. 

Growing // At your six month check up you weighed 16 lbs 9.5 oz (27th percentile) and you were 26 inches long (16th percentile) and your head circumference is 45 cm (88th percentile). I think your head might just be a little bit smaller than your brothers if that's even possible.

Eating + sleeping // We started you on solids this month! First introduced you to bananas and avocados as that combination was your brother's absolute favorite, and it's proven to be a favorite of yours. You love bananas! And you've eaten sweet potatoes and a few other things - you love to eat and you even try to feed yourself.

In regards to sleep, we have officially transferred you to your crib. It was the easiest transition, I don’t know why we didn’t do it sooner. I thought it would be a terrible hassle for me having to go into your room to collect you only to bring you back into our room to feed you, but it's not. Everyone is still waking up 2 times a night, sometimes more if Jack wakes up, but never less than twice. Everyone keeps asking me how the sharing a room thing is going and if I'm honest, Jacks been waking up a TON more the past few weeks, and I have no idea if that's because of you or if it's just how it is right now. Who knows - it's impossible to know. 

You are doing 3-4 naps a day, depending on when you wake up in the AM, and you are normally in bed asleep by 7. 

Wearing // You are wearing some 6-9 month items, but mostly still in 6 months. And I bought you some size 3 diapers for night time purposes as you were starting to outgrow your size 2 ones. We probably need to adjust the cloth diapers to bump you up a size. I can't even believe you are already half a year old. That's just crazy!!!

Loving // You love tummy time...who loves tummy time?? Jack never did! It was painful. But you...you just lay there knawing on your arm. You even gave yourself a hickey this month. I thought it was a burn of some sort or I thought Jack had attacked you and then I realized that you had done it to yourself sweet boy.

Loathing // It's hard to tell what it is you don't like seeing as you hardly EVER cry!

Milestones // You are getting close to rolling over form back to front. You roll over so quickly now that we have a hard time keeping you on your tummy. You love grabbing your feet and can even put them in your mouth. You babble ALOT, especially in the car, just like your brother.

You have TEETH! Two little front teeth. I can't even believe it - just like that they appeared. And you can hold the bottle all on your own. Mr. Independent. 

Jack loves to greet you in the morning by putting his hands through the slats of your crib and saying morning rye guy morning. And he loves greeting you after every nap by bringing his little stool into your room and turning on the light above your crib.













 






Jack by month 1 // 2 // // 4 // 5 // // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...