February 5, 2018

Baby Brother: 17 Weeks



Here I am, 17 weeks pregnant already. How am I this far along? It all feels incredibly surreal. In my announcement post, I don't think I mentioned that we found out we were pregnant the day we got home from Ireland, or maybe it was the day after? There was a faint line on the pregnancy test, and I didn't really know what to make of it at the time. So I just continued to take pregnancy tests and sure enough, it was true, I was pregnant!

And if I'm incredibly honest, this is the first time with all my pregnancies where the timing felt so right (minus my miscarriage). With both positive tests with Jack and Ryan I shed a few tears as it happened like a month sooner than I thought it would! And I wasn't quite ready, but with this pregnancy, I was so ready! And instead of shedding tears of panic, I shed tears of joy!

Growing // Baby weighs about 5 ounces now and he is about 5 inches long from head to bottom. Baby is now the size of a turnip! It still blows my mind that I have a baby the size of a turnip inside of me. I quite often wonder where exactly he's hiding in there. 

Eating + Sleeping // I'm loving all breads and cheese, and I've made a few stops to the store to buy a really good loaf of bread that I just cut up and eat with slices of sharp cheddar cheese. And I've made a stop or two to the store to buy chicken tenders and potato wedges from the deli...and let's not forget the potato chips. All things salty and crunchy sound incredible right now! I think I've loved chicken tenders and salty things (potato chips) all my pregnancies, but today, as I type this, that doesn't sound so good. I love smoothies and all fruit and yogurt and salads, but not plain vegetables, well only if they're roasted, but not if they're steamed. And I'm really loving cereal, no particular kind, and I'd eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. And I'm loving a cup of hot tea at night. For the first few months, and even to this day, I wouldn't eat a single thing after dinner as my stomach would just ache. So I learned the hard way to not fill it before going to bed! And it's worked tremendously. In regards to sleep, I'm getting up at least once or twice a night to go to the bathroom, this is the worst part of pregnancy for me. I love sleeping through the night and waking up in the morning and now that my older two do that, I'd like to do that too!

Feeling // I keep waiting for the 2nd trimester feels to kick in, and I'm starting to fear that they're not going to!! I'm just so tired, like all the time. Is that pregnancy? Is that just my life? Is it the two energetic boys that live under my roof? And I still feel kind of nauseas. Certain food sets me off, and there are definitely things I don't feel like eating! Peter can't keep up with all the feels!! This pregnancy has felt so very different to be honest. I've had like indigestion and gas and just strange and uncomfortable stuff down there and baby feels super low, but I'd say that's gotten better over the last few weeks. I have been going to the gym, which has felt incredible. I love dropping the boys off, and just taking time for myself to sweat and read my book while I pound out some cardio. I'd love to get to lifting weights and doing other things again, but I've just been so tired, so I'm grateful for the energy to even do the elliptical.

Wearing // I've never been pregnant this time of year! I mean, this early pregnant, like first trimester pregnant. So it's been strange dressing my pregnant body. And I'm not really showing much, so I'm still in like this in between stage. I have a ton of dresses that I can wear, so I've been wearing those to work with boots, but on my work from home days or just the weekends, I've been at a loss as to how to dress my body. I didn't buy a single maternity item with Jack, and I bought a few dresses with Ryan, and I've already borrowed a bunch of things from friends, and I have bought an item or two for myself that will work as non maternity as well. I'd love to buy myself a pair of maternity jeans, as I'd love to rock jeans this pregnancy rather than just long shirts and leggings or work out clothes! And I did land myself a pair of jeans that fit in the maternity items borrowed, so those may work out just great.

Milestones // I had a Drs. appointment this week and I'd had a dream before the appointment that the nurse wasn't able to hear baby's heartbeat, and then ironically the nurse had a hard time finding his heartbeat, but then another nurse came in and found it straight away. I love going to the Dr, for the obvious reasons, but it's a beautiful time for me to connect with baby brother, while also navigating how to entertain a 3 year old for the 30 minute appointment!!

Pregnant with Jack week 17 //
Pregnant with Ryan week 17 // 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...