November 6, 2017

Ryan Alexander: 2.5 years



Ryan by month 1 // // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12 // 13 // 14 // 15 // 16 // 17 // 18
// 2 years

Ryan, so it's November, and your 3rd birthday is NEXT month, which means I'll be doing a 3 year post in a few months, so I figured I needed to get on your 2.5 year post before the 6 months completely passed me by! Ryan, when I think back to your 2 year old self, I hope and pray I remember the sheer joy and determination you possessed at this age. It's truly incredible!!

Growing
// You weigh 32 lbs roughly. And I only know this because sometimes I can get you to stand still on the scale. I have no idea how tall you are, but I'm guessing you're growing as your jeans are starting to get shorter!


Eating + Sleeping // You are a great eater! You love quesadillas and noodles and peas and tacos and pancakes. and you just told me you like yogurt and peanut butter. You're only taking one nap and it's about 2 hours each time. You go to bed around 6:30 and you're up around 6:30. It still blows my mind that you go to bed soo early, but you're so tired come the evening, it's like a race to bedtime for you. And you just go and go and go, if we didn't know you better, we wouldn't have any idea you were tired. But as soon as we get you into your sleepsack and take your glasses off, you start rubbing your eyes and when we place you in your bed, you just say night night mama, and you're out like a light. And yes, you're still sleeping in your mini crib. And you're still obsessed with your lovie and your binkie.

Wearing // You are wearing a mix between 2T and 3T - most of your shirts are still 2T, but a few things are 3T and most of your pants are 3T but rolled up at the bottoms. And I think you're wearing a size 7 shoe. And you are wearing size 6 diapers, yes you're still in diapers!

Loving //  You absolutely love to dance and I love watching you with your dance moves. You love music on at all times and as soon as we get into the car you ask for dancing mama, dancing, and sometimes I look back in the rearview mirror and see you dancing in your carseat, with your little arms raised above your head. So good! And you talk ALOT, truly, you are definitely not a quiet child. You love to talk and you love to communicate with everyone you interact with. And you're starting to really love hats! And you love your brother and you love doing everything he does. And you love hide n seek and you just really love to laugh!

Loathing //
This is a tough one as I really feel like you enjoy alot of things! You really dislike when Jack takes a toy or messes with something you're playing with, but if I'm honest, quite often it's you messing with Jack's stuff.

Doing // So much, you love to jump and run and ride anything with wheels. 

Words // So many words! People are telling us all the time that you talk alot, and the truth is, you do, and you talk well, meaning people can understand you. I don't have to translate too much. But you're still saying carry you mama, carry you. And I'm sure there are a few things you say differently than you do even now, but I can't remember!

Milestones // 
You started at a new school and you actually transitioned really well. You did another transatlantic flight to Ireland, attended another wedding. First camping trip and first real experience with an easter egg hunt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...