November 14, 2015

Jack Emmet: 2.5 years


Little Buddy by month 1 // 2 // // 4 // 5 // // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12 // 13 // 14 // 15 // 16 // 17 // 18 // 2 years

You // You my child are funny and goofy and you just love to laugh. This has been such a fun stage as you are just the sweetest and just starting to roll your words into sentences. You have the best facial expressions!

Growing // You are getting so much taller! And I think you weigh about 32 lbs?

Eating + Sleeping // You are a pretty good eater, and you love peas and broccoli. You always do a great job finishing up your breakfast and I do a terrible job of feeding you an actual lunch. Most of the time it's just a snack here and a snack there and then eventually dinner!

You are normally asleep by 8:00 and awake by 6:30, and you are still doing a 2 hour nap during the day. You've been waking up in the night which is rough with a new baby whose also waking up, but you go back to bed so easy. I normally wake up to the pitter patter of your feet and your little voice saying mama, and I get up out of bed and you grab my hand and we walk back into your room, and you crawl up into your bed, and I put the blanket back over your little body, and sneak back out the door.

Nicknames // We call you Jackie, Jackie Bear or just Jack some days. When people ask you what your name is, most of the time you reply, "Jackie". It's the cutest thing!

Wearing //  The majority of your clothes are 2T - you have fully outgrown your 18 month items, and you have some 3T items as well.

Loving // You love your brother so much! You love cars and you love driving them on the window sill. You could play with those for hours! You also love riding your bike and wearing your helmie. You love hats, coats, socks, goves (no I did not spell that wrong, that's just what you call them!), and I think your favorite season might be Fall.

You love all the baked goods I make, and you call everything a muffin. And you LOVE helping me bake and helping me with the dishes.

And you love books and visits to the library. And you LOVE to dance! You ask us to turn the music on so you can bounce around the room and strum your guitar, which is really just a wooden hammer. It's hilarious!

And you love going for walks and going to the zoo with your friends! And you love going for boat rides.

Loathing // You sometimes have a hard time sharing and other times you share willingly. You still don't really like having your hair washed!

Doing // You are doing so much! Mr. Independent. And you love helping us with chores around the house, whether that's doing dishes, sweeping up the floor, wiping up spills, mixing food or baking or even feeding Ryan. You love to help and I'm always trying to find ways to get you involved in the tasks that I do around the house!

Milestones // You had your first ice cream cone, your first popsicle, your first horse ride. Drennan Grandparents came to visit along with Uncle Mark. You had your second haircut! We kept your hair super long for the grandparents to see, but cut it as soon as we got the chance as it was just so long! You've adjusted really well to another little person in our family.

Words/Phrases // You are using all sorts of three word sentences. I remember the nurse asking at your 2 year check up if you were speaking in three word sentences, and I said no, but literally like the next week, you were doing it! The best sentence I remember you saying was...Dada mow grass off shirt. Translation = Dada is mowing the grass with his shirt off.























































1 comment:

  1. ohhhh that boy, what a GIFT. Seriously can't pick a favorite photo... but the mirror one is amazing! since the moment I first met him in the NICU I have lived and breathed for those expressions and his larger than life personality. I just love the kiddos you two create.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...