January 29, 2019

Conor Christopher: Two Months



Conor by month 1 //

I can't believe you're already two months old, and you have yet to see the outside of the hospital walls. You've come a long way this last month. And you continue to grow right before our very eyes!

Growing 
// You started the month off weighing 1.426kg, so about 3 lbs 2 oz, and ended the month weighing 2.466, so about 5 lbs 7 oz. 

Eating + Sleeping 
// You are eating 46 ml of fortified breastmilk over 2 hours through your feeding tube every three hours. You started the month off eating 28 ml over 90 minutes, but they decided to spread your feed out to 2 hours after you had a few moments of not breathing. Your care times are 8, 11, 2, and 5, repeat - which entails a diaper change and feeding. You eat 8 times a day, which means I'm pumping that many times and waking in the middle of the night to pump. My milk supply is good, but that could just be because you're not consuming much of it now. You are having more wake times, but you definitely sleep a ton, which is fine as that's when you grow.  

Wearing // You are wearing preemie diapers and preemie clothes!! And you may have ended the month in newborn things? But quite frankly, I can't remember! 

Loving // You love being held. They say your heartbeat and everything slows down and is regulated when you're snuggled. 

Loathing // I loathe when you stop breathing in my arms!! You did that a few times this month, the alarms were sounding and your lips were bluish and your skin pale...and the nurse rushed in. I told the nurse I was just so thankful I was there are the hospital, and she said that's for sure a 911 moment. And they think it's due to reflux, and you holding your breathe.

Milestones// Clothes! And they took the top of your isolette off as you began regulating your own temperature. I got to give you a bath! You had your eyes tested twice, and no abnormalities - they did say you may need glasses for crossing later, but everything looked good. Switched to CPAP for oxygen support and I was able to hold you in a cradle hold rather than the kangaroo position. Still lots of blood draws and ultrasounds. And you had some tests on your heart and you passed with one minor thing to watch. You were tested for a rare syndrome, Beckwith Wiedemann Syndrome, as you stick your tongue out and they're not too sure if your tongue is too big for your mouth or if you have a weak jaw or if it's because of the air pumping through you, who knows, but it required a blood test and an ultrasound, and guess what? ...it came back negative. And you transitioned to the nasal cannula and I could finally see your face! And they quickly decreased your oxygen flow from 5 to 4 and then to 3 in just a week! And this was the first month where I was able to capture a photo of me with all my boys and a family photo of all five of us! I still get emotional thinking about this moment. 

Jack by month 1 // 2 // // 4 // 5 // // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12

Ryan by month 1 // // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12 











6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...