April 12, 2019

Conor Christopher: Six Months



Conor by month 1 // 2 // 3 //  //

How has it already been six months? Time is flying! It's crazy. And not a single one of my babes has been loved as fiercely as you. Your brothers are obsessed with you, especially Jack. 

Growing // I'm guessing you weighed around 12 lbs. And at your 6 month checkup which was about 19 days after you turned 6 months, you weighed 13 lbs 0.5 oz, and you were 24 inches long, and your head circumference was 43.5 cm (40th percentile!). Your head circumference is the only thing making it onto the growth chart. 

Eating + Sleeping // You are eating 120 mls and I think you started the month at 110 mls. This last month has been life changing in the feeding department, truly. A few weeks ago we went to Children's for an appointment and you met with the pulmonologist, an occupational therapist, and a dietitian, and we left there with a new wedge, a new prescription for reflux meds, and a few new formulas to try. Right now we are supplementing the breastmilk I pump with a tiny bit of formula, but the thought was that you may not be tolerant of the stuff we'd been giving you. We kept thinking you had gas, and that all your grunting and discomfort was due to said gas, but they think the formula could be upsetting your stomach. So we went a few days without any formula in the milk, and then we added a different type of formula back, one that is sensitive for fussiness and gas due to lactose sensitivity and it's worked wonders!!! You're like a different baby, chugging your bottles, and sucking on your size 2 nipples. Let's just say feeding you has become so much more enjoyable. And I think we just feel less stressed about feeding you now, if I make an attempt to feed you and you don't want it, then I just follow your cues rather than trying to force you to take it. And the team said, don't spend more than 30 minutes feeding him. If he eats it, great, but if not, that's okay too. And I am smiling just thinking about the breakthrough this last month with feeding. And I'm just overwhelmed with gratitude for the team we work with at Children's. 

You're eating 7 times a day, sometimes 6 depending on how the day goes! But I really try to get 7 feeds in and I'm still waking you up during the day and in the wee hours of the morning to eat. 

For sleeping, you're taking 3 naps a day, a morning nap about an hour after you wake up, an early afternoon one, and then one in the later afternoon, and you're normally in bed by 6:30/7. And then I feed you around 10 and then again around 4 or so. And then you're normally up by 7:30/8 - it really depends. Sometimes your brothers wake you up and sometimes they don't! But when you do wake up in the morning, I don't normally know you're up until I stare at your face to see if your eyes are open as you don't fuss or anything really. And then I unstrap you from your wedge and you are all smiles and cooing at me. It's the best! I should mention too that quite often I'm waking you up from naps to pick one of your brothers up from somewhere, so your naps are daily cut short. Bless you child! But you are such a good sleeper - as long as it's dark with a sound machine. And you love to sleep when I'm wearing you, but you're not a huge fan of carseat sleeping nor do you sleep in the car. 

You are taking naps either in your rock n play or your bed, and then nighttime sleep is all in your bed. Again, you are a really great sleeper. I feel so thankful!

Wearing // You are mostly wearing 0-3 month things. I have put you in a few 6 month things. They're a little big, but you can still rock them!! I've also bought you a few new items as I've never had a baby this age during the Winter months. I'm loving all the one piece outfits and the winter suits with zippers. I think I have you in size 2 disposable diapers and we have you in the cloth during the day. 

Loving // You really do love when people interact with you. You love tummy time. You could just lay on your tummy all day if I'd let you! You love to sleep, truly. You still love sucking on your hands, that's normally your tell that you're hungry. And you don't really suck on your tongue anymore. And you love when I wear you in the baby carrier. You are exceptionally tolerant, so sometimes it's hard for me to tell if you're actually enjoying something or just tolerating it haha! You don't seem to mind baths, but it's not like you're smiling and laughing the entire time. You don't mind diaper changes or outfit changes.

Loathing // Sometimes your brothers are rough with you, and I loathe that, and I think sometimes you do too. You don't like to eat sometimes.

Nicknames // Conor bears, Conna (Ryan's name for you), squish, Con man

Doing // So much smiling and babbling. You love interacting with people, it's the cutest thing. And you rolled over from front to back! And you are crying more, which is a good thing, as you're just using your voice and your cry to communicate with us - put me to bed, I'm hungry, I don't want to eat anymore, save me from my brothers, get them away from me.

Doctors Appointments // 2 Occupational therapy appointments, 1 visit to North Seattle pediatrics, and 1 visit to Children's.

Milestones // Your new wedge, your oxygen left the building! First bath with a brother. First time at the pumpkin patch. And mama went back to work! 

Jack by month 1 // 2 // // 4 // 5 // // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 // 12
Ryan by month 1 // // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7 // 8 // 9 // 10 // 11 //12 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...