November 16, 2014

Little Buddy #2: 34 weeks


week 17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21 // 22 // 23 // 24 // 25 // 26 // 27 // 28 // 29 // 30 // 31 // 32 // 33

Strange to think this is where my bump photos end with Jack...I have a photo of him outside the womb and in the hospital at 35 weeks, but 34 weeks was missed! I suppose it's simply a photo the day after his birthday.

I can't believe I've made it to this point! I didn't think this day would come. Last Sunday I took my blood pressure, and it was high, like 150/90 high. And I knew my time had come when blood pressure medication would be in my future. And sure enough, I took my first dosage the next day. It felt like deja vu all over again, and as we went to bed that night, Peter turned to me and said we better enjoy this night in our bed together as it could be our last before the baby comes. Little did he know that we would have at least 6 more nights in our bed together! Who knows what the future holds for us, the Dr. said it's all just a waiting game. We will most likely be meeting our little person in 3-4 weeks or maybe even sooner. Dr. said we had a really great chance of making it to 36 weeks, but she wouldn't let me go further than 38 weeks. I will most likely be induced unless I go into labor sooner. And either the medication will stop working or the baby will stop growing, and we are hoping that all happens past the 36 weeks mark! But we shall see.

Growing // They say that baby is now the size of a cantaloupe or a butternut squash. He now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds and is almost 18 inches long. His fat layers which will help regulate his body temperature once he's born are filling out, making him rounder. He's recognizing and reacting to simple songs and he's also urinating about a pint a day. I should know more about his size on Tuesday as I have an ultrasound scheduled for that morning!

Eating + Sleeping // Eating the usual items and waking up at least twice a night to go to the bathroom. This babies head is so low! It hurts sometimes!

Feeling // Like I have a lot of appointments scheduled now. Drs. appointment once a week and then non-stress tests twice a week and ultrasounds every three weeks. It could be worse though...I could be living at the hospital and I could have had loads of doctor's appointments throughout the entire pregnancy! So I suppose it's all relative really. The reality is, I'm still pregnant and hoping this baby bakes as long as he can! Definitely feeling the braxton hicks too. And I'm just tired...love just laying down to read my book or to write on the blog or to just rest. Feels so good to be off my feet!

Wearing // Nothing special to report. But I can barely zip some of my jackets - so I have started wearing one of Peter's on a regular basis.

Milestones // I can't even believe we've made it to this point! This pregnancy has just flown by. I'm sure baby weighs more than Jack by now. Here's to a new birth story, a different doctor and uncharted territory! I don't know what pregnancy looks like beyond this point. 

Pregnant with Jack week  17 // 18 // 19 // 20 // 21 // 22 // 23 // 24 // 25 // 26 // 27 // 28 // 29 // 30 // 31 // 32 // 33

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...